Do What Works
If a technique is working for you, it's a good technique regardless of what anyone says.
There are only two requirements for a technique to be considered "good:"
- You can make it work against quality opponents
- It does not compromise your alignment.
The following have no bearing on whether a technique is "good" or not:
- You invented it
- Nobody else seems to use it
- It's from another grappling art
- Your instructor doesn't like it
- Senior students don't like it.
Jiu-Jitsu is a very personal game, so don't let anyone else tell you your favorite techniques aren't good if you have evidence to the contrary.
Master this mental model with our audio courses.
Learn over 150 mental models for Jiu-Jitsu.
Exclusively on BJJ Mental Models Premium.
Try it free. Cancel anytime. No bullshit. Only $20/mo.GET STARTED NOW