Growth From Discomfort
Get comfortable being uncomfortable.
We have a natural tendency to stay within our comfort zone, but for the sake of our growth, we need to overcome this limitation. You'll see the most improvement when you venture outside your comfort zone.
In Jiu-Jitsu, the things that make you uncomfortable could be:
- new techniques that you can't successfully apply
- positions you're having trouble maintaining
- classes that tax your cardio
- rolling when you're already exhausted
- rolling with bigger, stronger opponents
- rolling with more experienced opponents.
Rather than avoiding situations that make you uncomfortable, recognize the discomfort as an indication that you've found an area of weakness.
“Growth comes at the point of resistance. We learn by pushing ourselves and finding what really lies at the outer reaches of our abilities.” — Josh Waitzkin
Master this mental model with our audio courses.
Learn over 150 mental models for Jiu-Jitsu.
Exclusively on BJJ Mental Models Premium.
Try it free. Cancel anytime. No bullshit. Only $20/mo.GET STARTED NOW